Monday, January 23rd, 2017 at
Pick Manufactured Homes
In the face of today’s challenging economy, the need for quality, affordable housing has never been greater. Today’s manufactured homes can deliver outstanding quality and performance at prices ranging from 30 to 40 percent less per square foot than conventional site-built homes. These savings allow more and more Americans to own their own home, even in the face of an ever-widening housing affordability gap.
Monday, January 9th, 2017 at
Myth: Vulnerable to Damage
Myth: Manufactured homes are more vulnerable to storm or fire damage than traditional site-built homes. Fact: Manufactured homes sold after 1994 are built to the same HUD standards for construction, strength, fire resistance and wind resistance that are applied to site-built homes. A report published by the state of Florida indicates that no manufactured home built to these standards received any major damage during the severe 2004-2005 hurricane season. Additionally, a study published by Foremost Insurance Company found that manufactured homes are less likely to catch fire than site-built homes.
Thursday, November 17th, 2016 at
A Little Advice:
1. Don’t buy any big ticket items before qualifying for a loan (autos, etc.)
2. Don’t quit your job or retire before qualifying for a loan
3. Save as much money as you can, it never hurts to have extra
4. Realize that buying a home (mobile or otherwise) is very expensive. Lots of fees and lots of people are involved to make this transaction happen for you.
5. Don’t plan to move in the day you are scheduled to close escrow – give yourself a day or two. Typically, an escrow will close on time, but not always – don’t have movers showing up when the home is not yours yet.
6. Try to limit your vacations if you can help it during the process